Thursday 10 September 2009

This is me

I am a PhD student who has been suffering from chronic wrist pain for the past year. I have therefore been spending my time doing not a lot when I should have been in a lab playing with ultrafast lasers. Unfortunately for me, most things in life involve the use of hands, and so the amount I can do (be it typing, scrambling, sport, chopping vegetables etc.) has been drastically reduced. Fortunately for me, voice recognition software has improved in leaps and bounds since I first came across it many years ago, so I can now 'talk into the machine' and words bearing a pretty good resemblance to what I actually said will appear on screen. This blog is an attempt to force myself to write something every weekday, which should in turn force me to do as many interesting things as possible so that I have something to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment