Thursday 8 October 2009

Ode to the LDV Convoy

I make no pretensions to being a poet, but as today is National Poetry Day in the UK I thought I would give it a go:


Alas, poor LDV Convoy,
Murdered by credit crunch cruelty,
Will we ever see your like again?

Your struggling diesel engine,
Sputtering along the highway,
Letting out a roar with each gear change.

With walls thin as tissue paper,
In the event of a collision
We knew you would always come off worse.

Never a comfortable journey
For any sort of passenger,
‘specially not for those with quite long legs.

I once got you up to 90
Driving downhill on the M6,
You shook so hard I thought you might burst.

But I need not have worried as
You always got there in the end,
The wonderful, incomparable, irreplaceable, quite phenomenal LDV Convoy.

Ok, so it's probably not an ode, but I'm not particularly au fait with poetry classification. I challenge you to come up with your own poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment